Radda in Chianti
Radda in Chianti is a small town in the Tuscany region in Italy (Siena). It’s nice there, very calm and you can find some small shops and restaurants there, where you can enjoy good wines from the region, salumi, handmade pasta and much more typical food.
The famous wine “Chianti” also has it’s origin here. You can make wine tours, visit some winemakers and have winetastings.
As we have been here with some people from the catering business who have a business relationship with winemakers we were able to visit some exclusive wine tastings at Fonterutoli and Brancaia.
In addition we had our mascot “Pici” with us. He assisted us on making our music video “Dana & Wild – Pici Amore” which we’ll publish soon here…
The “Hotel Radda”
Here are our impressions of the hotel in short:
- Nice view from the hotel and the room
- The hotel looks very nice from outside, also the reception and the bar look very nice and it’s nice sitting there, having a drink and enjoying the evening
- The pool is nice
- The staff was friendly and they tried their best to fit our needs
- The room was calm and can be darkened properly, we slept very well
- Many parking possibilities
- You have a running track starting from the hotel (if you’d like to do some sports)
- Television in the bar, so we were able to watch the football world championship 2014
- The overall impression of the room and the food is less than 4 stars
- Food and drinks are very expensive (Aperol with Prosecco 7 Euro, Gaspacho 10 Euro etc.)
- Breakfast buffet is small and very simple. If you like some fried eggs, you have to pay 4 Euro. Scrumbled eggs are included. The first hot drink is free (e.g. if you like a Cappuccino). The second (and third etc…) hot drink has to be paid (2 Euro for a Cappuccino). The quality of bread is awful.
- TV-programs in the room are of bad quality (some flicker) and are only in Italian language (except one news channel which is in English)
- The shower in the bathroom looks old and has to be renovated (see pictures)
- No fitness room
- Extra one-time-fee (10 Euro), if you’d like to use the spa (we didn’t use it so we can’t tell you anything about the quality of it)
Pictures Hotel Radda in Chianti
More pictures from our trip