Time we stayed at Merville Beach Resort: 03-2014
Price range: $$$$ (135€ per person, per night)
Room and board: 1 deluxe room, sea view, kingsize bed, half board
- Nice welcome package: when we approached the room, we found a t-shirt on the bed, a bottle of champagne and a basket with fresh fruits on the table.
- Great view from our room: the sea in front of us and every day a beautiful sunset (see picture slideshow below)
- Sun in the afternoon / in the evening
- A huge variety of watersport activities like water skiing, sailing, snorkeling, diving, etc. Best of all: nearly everything is free
- Beautiful beach, clear water
- The staff was very friendly and helpful.
- One evening we booked dinner on the beach (additional fee around 700MUR / 17 EUR). When we were sitting on the beach, the manager of the hotel stopped by to ask us if we enjoy our stay.
- Very good service. One day our A/C didn’t work. We reported it before we went to dinner, after we came back into our room a few hours later, it was fixed.
- Daily bottle of water for free
- Wi-fi is free and available everywhere in the hotel
- The hotel has 3 stars, in our opinion that’s underrated, they deserve 4
- Our room was very bright, nice and clean, although there were some small damages (see pictures) on mirrors etc.
- The have a tennis court available for free use with floodlight. It’s a hard court in good condition. Tennis rackets and balls are free
The not so good:
- When we arrived at the beach at 11am, all beach loungers were taken. We just stayed there eitherway. If nobody was coming within 1 hour, we moved their towels and took the beach lounger. That’s conforming the hotel rules which say you have to free the lounger, if you leave it and don’t come back within 1 hour
- Food was ok, but nothing special. We booked half-board so we had a buffet each evening
- Our room was not 100% quiet: sometimes we heard our neighboors with their little children through the wall
- In general you can see that the hotel is not the newest one. Everything is clean and well maintained. For example the edges of mirror in the bathroom were broken (see pictures below)
For an additional fee (700 MUR / 17 EUR) you can have dinner with service included directly on the beach. So you don’t eat from the buffet and the meals are served.